Financial Services Solutions
As a trusted provider to the financial services industry, Teranet provides residential property data and market insights to help financial services professionals and institutions reduce mortgage risk and drive portfolio results with sophisticated desktop and customized solutions.
- Teranet-National Bank House Price Index
- Online Solutions
- Customized Data & Risk Management Solutions
- Aggregate Market Data & Analytics and more
Our Commitment to Data
The foundation for creating value is our data. Our vision is to be the most trusted source of real estate market insights, based on the highest quality, most comprehensive dataset in Canada.
Our focus on data accuracy, completeness, coverage and timeliness ensure the highest quality data set for land information is available to our customers and partners.
Teranet-National Bank House Price Index
An independent representation of the rate of change of Canadian single-family home prices. Click here to visit the HPI website.
Purview For Mortgage Brokers
A national automated property valuation and fraud detection solution supporting more authoritative advisory services and mortgage submissions. Click here to visit the Purview For Mortgage Brokers website.
Purview For Lenders
A national automated property valuation and fraud detection solution supporting stronger underwriting, portfolio management and insurance decisions. Click here to visit the Purview For Lenders website.
Exchange information and perform checks on the individual professionals and companies with whom you do business. Click here to visit the RedX website.
From individual professionals to major institutions, Teranet can help financial service providers manage overall risk and drive efficiencies across their residential property market activities.
We offer widely used and trusted information solutions that deliver automated and cost-efficient access to reliable property valuations, fraud detection tools, portfolio analysis and market insight across Canada.
- Automated Valuation Model (AVM): A national property valuation tool that derives a statistical estimate of home value based on registered sales data and can be used to review a single household or your full portfolio.
- Insured AVM: Supports the subject property valuations with limited E&O insurance protection. Provides a superior level of lender coverage than the standard appraisal products available
- Canadian Mortgage Insight: Measure your activity against those of your competitors through data on mortgages, equity and mortgage switches by institution, area and date. Generate aggregated records related to sales of properties (Transfers) and mortgages on properties (Charges, Discharges and Assignment of Charges).
- PIN Monitoring: Monitors title activities on each property in your portfolio by receiving timely notification of any Charges or Discharges.
- Mortgage Registration Validation: Confirm your mortgages are secured against collateral. Validate property registration and discover registration errors.
- Condo Solutions: Assess exposure by identifying the number of mortgages held in a building.
- Custom Portfolio Analysis: Monitor the loan-to-value ratio (LTV) of every mortgage in your book.
- Collection & Recovery: Prioritize targets by confirming critical information such as address, ownership, property value and estimated home equity.
- Automated Decision Tree: An Automated Decision Tree (ADT) will to route valuation requests to the most suitable product type — balancing efficiency (turnaround time), cost, and risk management concerns. A request cascades through several tiers as the ADT logic tests for fit:
- Automated Valuation Model (AVM), or Desktop Appraisal in areas where AVM suppliers do not provide service
- Drive-by / Hybrid Appraisal
- Full Service Appraisal
- Teranet Valuation Performance Service (VPS): Teranet Valuation Performance Service (VPS) will route valuation requests to the most suitable product type — balancing efficiency (turnaround time), cost, and risk management concerns. VPS puts the lender’s policy back in charge with full management and oversight of business workflow. All rules and policy guidelines are embedded in the system with administrative editing, override capabilities etc.
- Customized Solutions: Teranet can work with you to develop a custom solution to meet your evolving needs. Whether you are looking for better control of loan risk and performance, data validation, registration activity, market trends, industry trends and marketing opportunities, our experts can help.