The Teranet-National Bank House Price Index announces new data enhancements and website
Teranet and National Bank are pleased to announce the expansion of the Teranet – National Bank House Price IndexTM (“HPI”) by fifteen additional census metropolitan areas (CMA’s) in British Columbia, Ontario, and Newfoundland and Labrador. The new CMA indices will provide greater and more granular insights into house price changes across Canada.
– In addition to the existing 11 cities that formed the Teranet-National Bank Composite 11 Index house price indices will be available from now on for the following CMA’s:
|Abbotsford/Mission, BC||Kelowna, BC||Barrie, ON|
|Guelph, ON||Brantford, ON||Kitchener/Waterloo, ON|
|St. Catherines, ON||Oshawa, ON||Peterborough, ON|
|Thunder Bay, ON||Sudbury, ON||Windsor, ON|
|London, ON||Kingston, ON||St. John’s, NFLD|
– Also, the HPI website has been completely redesigned with a more interactive user interface to accommodate the addition, analysis and comparison of the new data over time.
Teranet – National Bank House Price IndexTM (HPI):
– The 15 new indices will be available alongside the current 11 cities that form the Teranet – National Bank Composite 11 House Price IndexTM.
– The Composite 11 index, and the approximately 500 commercially available sub-indices, are widely recognized domestically and internationally as the benchmark for measuring changes in Canadian house prices, frequently quoted by financial institutions, regulatory and government agencies and national business media.
– The Teranet-National Bank House Price IndexTM is an independent representation of the rate of change of Canadian single-family house prices. The measurements are based on the property records of public land registries, where sales price is available. It was originally developed to be a trustworthy benchmark for financial professionals and has since evolved to include consumer-use applications.
“We are very pleased with the sustained momentum and growth of the HPI since we first launched in 2008. With the continued focus on house price data, reliable and timely information is critical for decision makers across Canada,” said Peter Vukanovich, SVP Commercial Solutions at Teranet. “The addition of the new indices along with the relaunch of our website reinforces our commitment to providing the broadest and most accurate representation of house price data in the country”.
“We are very excited to announce the addition of the fifteen new CMA’s to the Teranet-National Bank House Price Index and the enhancement to our website,” said Darren Ablett, Managing Director, Mortgage Derivatives at National Bank. “We continue to remain committed to providing our customers with greater insight and analytics to the Canadian Housing and Mortgage Market”.
About National Bank of Canada
With $239 billion in assets as at April 30, 2017, National Bank of Canada, together with its subsidiaries, forms one of Canada’s leading integrated financial groups. The Bank has more than 21,000 employees and is widely recognized as a top employer. The Bank’s securities are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: NA). Follow the Bank’s activities at nbc.ca or via social media such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
About Teranet Inc.
Based in Toronto, Teranet is Canada’s leading provider of registry and information management services for public data and records. Founded in 1991, we deliver proven value to governments, customers and end users by providing solutions to manage, secure and administer information through our Electronic Land Registry and Commercial Services segments. Today, Teranet is focused on operating the government of Ontario and Manitoba’s Electronic Registration Systems, as well as, pursuing new registry opportunities. The Company markets insightful property and data solutions to thousands of customers in the financial services, legal, real estate, government and utilities markets. Teranet Inc. is owned by Borealis Infrastructure, a leading global infrastructure investment manager and the infrastructure arm of the Ontario Municipal Employee Retirement System (OMERS). For more information about Teranet, please visit our website at www.Teranet.ca.
For more information:
Advisor – Public Affairs
Tel.: 416-360-8863 x 1073